This isn’t quite equal to Madame Ko’s school for elite bodyguards, but it will at least let you know what Butler thinks makes the perfect bodyguard.
To begin with, here are the three top tips he gives to becoming a bodyguard:
- “Train hard: There is no substitute for knowledge.”
- “Listen to your sensei: They have the experience that you need.”
- “Be prepared to sacrifice everything for the job.”
Following that, here are the basic guidelines followed by Butler every day:
NB – The person being protected is referred to as “the principal.”
- Never lose concentration, as assassins could strike at any time.
- Be armed and equipped at all times.
- Never leave the principal where he could be vulnerable.
- Ensure all locations are safe before entering the principal.
- Choose safe and strategic locations to stay over comfortable ones. If the principal lets you that is…
- Always have an escape route planned.
- Do not be put off by any actions/intimidations by your oppositions – those are for amateurs.
- The principal comes first – all else, including yourself, and secondary matters.
- Be efficient – Nothing is more important than the principal. If you can take out your enemy from long distance with a sniper, giving them no chance, then do so! Going into their midst, guns blazing, is sheer stupidity.
Careful! I don’t want to hurt you! You’re looking for Artemis? oh, I don’t know! Last I checked he was doing some sort of puzzle with No 1 to help Holly… Maybe you’ll find him there?
Not part of our Artemis Fowl Land Challenge? Click here for more information!