Heya, everyone! I just wanted to give you guys an update, obviously.
TungstenMessiah and I will be judging the competition, and to make it even easier for you guys, we have decided to post the rubric we’re using so you guys can use it to the best of your advantage. 😀
You’re welcome. <3
Halloween Competition Rubric
1. Over 200 words. 1500 max.
2. Can be a deathfic, funny, angst, but it must be quite clear which it is.
3. Must have Halloween-related events
4. Must be emailed to the Editor’s email/my PM inbox or WE’s by Midnight Oct. 30, 12 PM EST.
5. Must be categorized as a challenge entry.
6. A poem is NOT required. Chapters MAY NOT be used, in any style or form.
7. If deemed unreadable by the judges, the fic will not proceed to the next round.
8. Prize: Permanent residence in the Featured Section, as well as a banner. Banner/Avvie by Fowlie (You better believe it, people… count yourselves lucky! 😛 ~Fowlie)
Second place: Banner, by ™. And a hearty slap on the back from ™. (Count yerselves DOUBLE lucky! XD ~TM)
Step Two: In Depth
1. Snookie is looking for good use of repetition if it is a deathfic, as well as “creativity”* and originality. On others, he wants smoothness and a well-rounded plotline. Halloween is not too important in a deathfic, but it is very important in a funny fic.
2. Bag of Potatoes is looking for continuity, strength/originality in your chosen genre, as well as a strong Halloween theme.
3. Correct grammar, minimal spelling mistakes.
“Creativity” – TungstenMessiah’s personal vocabulary, and it defines and encompasses all aspects of gore, in any outstanding/unnatural/ridiculous way.
Oh, and by the way, you ALL get a hearty slap on the back from ™. No matter what! Because ™ likes slapping!
And nothing from Fowlie. Because she’s weird like that. *struts like a boss* ← (epic win right here!)